Are you a hard-working safety professional who enjoys a challenging and rewarding profession? If so, Enovate has a great opportunity for you!
Contractor’s Safety Engineer (CSE) for New York City Transit ProjectsThe CSE ensures all managers and supervisors insist on the maximum safety performance and awareness of all employees under their direction by consistently administering all safety and health policies and procedures for the project.
This position is responsible for the implementation of the project Accident Prevent Program and Safe Work Plans, as well as the daily coordination of safety activities.
This is a full-time position.
This position is contingent upon successful completion of a New York City Transit (NYCT) interview and approval by NYCT as a Contractor’s Safety Engineer.
ResponsibilitiesThe CSE is responsible to:
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the Accident Prevent Program (APP) and Safe Work Plans (SWP)
- Attend Safety Meetings, including Safety Kickoff Meetings and Safety Walk-thru Meetings
- Promote safety through Daily Toolbox Talks and Bi-Weekly Safety Meetings
- Conduct Right-of-Way (ROW) Safety Briefings daily, as applicable
- Enforce all applicable safety requirements, including, but not limited to OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Construction Safety Standards and NYCT Specification Sections 1S, 1B, 1D, 1E, 12-L, 12-NOA, SC7, and Construction Dust Control Specifications
- Ensure First Aid/Medical Care is made available
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets and Log
- Ensure Dig Safely New York (811) requirements are followed
- Inspect and require that debris is cleaned daily
- Investigate and Report all Accidents, Incidents, and Near Misses
- Implement the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EP&R)
- Conduct Orientations for all personnel
- Maintain a Daily Safety Logbook
- Maintain Permit Logs
- Report Unsafe Conditions and Unsafe Acts
- Hold Safety Stand Downs, as required
- Conduct Fitness for Duty checks as they relate to drug and alcohol impairment
- Ensure workers are trained, as required
- Ensure workers are provided with and required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Designate Competent Persons (CP) for the project
- Recommend corrective actions, as necessary
- Oversee the Contractor’s Safety Supervisor (CSS), if applicable
- Maintain other logs, as applicable
- Conduct Environmental Monitoring (Gas, Light, Noise), as required
QualificationsThe ideal candidate will:
- Be familiar with OSHA, EPA, NFPA, NY State Uniform Fire Prevention Code, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, New York State Code Rule 753, New York City Department of Environmental Protection, NYC Noise Control, NYC DEP Construction Noise Monitoring and Mitigation, NYC Department of Buildings Code – Chapter 33 and Electrical Codes, New York City Fire Department (FDNY), New York City Transit (NYCT), and other applicable safety requirements.
- Read, Write, and Speak English fluently
- Be familiar with and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products
- Have a minimum of ninety (90) days of prior NYCT Right-of-Way (ROW) experience, including Flagging and General Order work
- Maintain a current New York City Transit Track Safety Training Certificate
- Have completed a 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety & Health Course in the previous 5 Calendar Years
- Be an active member of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of safety or safety-related experience
- Be familiar with the work being performed
- Have successfully completed the 40-Hour NYC-Department of Buildings Site Safety Manager Course (SSM License not required) [PREFERRED]
Possess a current SSPC C-3/C-5 Lead Supervisor/Competent Person Training for De-leading of Industrial Structures Certificate [PREFERRED]
Interested Applicants should forward resumes to email@example.com
Safety Management Consultant
Posted: Aug 01, 2019
Location Newark/Trenton, New Jersey area
As an established leader in the field of Workers Compensation and Loss Control, MEMIC is seeking a motivated, energetic candidate to add to our successful team as a Safety Management Consultant. Our Safety Management Consultants partner and work together with policyholders representing healthcare, hospitality and academic industries to assist them in identifying key hazard exposures and promoting a safe and healthful work environment.
Health Safety Specialist I
Posted: Jul 26, 2019
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Health Safety Specialist I for the Department of Environmental Health & Safety. This position acts as the department’s continual presence, liaison and provider of routine services to the University community. All services and activities are carried out and performed without adverse health effects to faculty, staff, students or public, in a manner that will protect the environment, in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, accepted professional standards, in accordance with University policies and procedures, and in an open and sensitive manner so that University’s resources are conserved and future liability is limited.