Our client, a major international manufacturer, is recruiting for an Environmental Engineer / Specialist in Bloomsburg, PA. This is a full-time position as an employee of our client and requires living in the Bloomsburg, PA area.
Reporting to the site EHS Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to align Environmental compliance processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- One (1) or more years in manufacturing facilities with significant experience in multi-media environmental compliance programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted EHS program auditing procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge or success executing compliance programs regarding Federal, State and local Safety and Multi-Media Environmental regulations
Additional Preferred Competencies
- Three (3) or more years of Environmental program experience in manufacturing or other industrial settings
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local Environmental compliance regulations
- Aligns corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Participate in/lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Participate in/lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Solid Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead or participate in employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets and experiences are needed.