If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people – whether you’re a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. And, we’re big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you’ll get lost in the crowd.
Are you up for the challenge? Take a few minutes to look at our job openings to explore the possibilities – then find one that’s right for you and apply online today.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide underwriting with timely and complete underwriting survey reports.
- Provide quality safety service to policyholders.
- Submit technically sound recommendations to improve risk desirability and help control loss experience.
- Complete the training requirements outlined in the career development path chart.
- Meet the quality and quantity performance standards of the department;.
- Make large loss and serious injury investigations and submit appropriate recommendations to prevent repetition.
- Maintain good communications with other departments, policyholders and producers.
- Participate in professional community safety activities.
Four (4) year degree preferred. 2 year degree required with a concentration in safety and health, fire protection, science or engineering or equivalent experience.
Minimum 3 years field experience as a Risk Management Representative Preferred. Knowledge of/experience with PC-based computer software.
The following counties make up the territory, all are in NJ: Burlington; Ocean; Camden; Gloucester; Salem; Cumberland; Atlantic and Cape May.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees’ Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.