Location New Providence, NJ
Manages the New Providence office location. Serves as the organization’s Safety Officer. Provides safety/health-related expertise. Works closely with Clinical and Laboratory Operations to support OSHA and safety related requirements for onsite laboratory and offsite surgical suite. Manages programs to ensure employee safety and organizational compliance with safety, health and environmental regulations for specified facilities, operations and the visiting public.Responsible for planning and coordinating facilities-related services. Coordinates office and building related duties, equipment, vendor relationships, building security, and special projects as needed. Responsible for all maintenance and general upkeep of the building, both internally and externally.NJ Sharing Network operates 24/7/365. This position will oversee and participate in 24-hour on call to ensure a safe and efficient operation. Responsible for individual and departmental staff compliance with all Network programs and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and monitors the annual facilities and office management budget for the purpose of ensuring that expenditures are within budgetary limitations.
- Manages facilities staff and ensures effective communications. Develops job performance goals and provides timely job performance feedback. Provides annual development, implementation, administration and evaluation of competencies.
- Develops long and short-range maintenance plans/programs for the purpose of ensuring that resources are effectively utilized.
- Reviews, manages, and approves new construction, repair work, projects, cleaning services, equipment, daily maintenance and supplies for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently and that specifications for improvements are within local/state/federal regulations.
- Oversees procurement, maintenance and upgrades of furniture, utilities, building security systems, landscaping, parking, cleaning services, appliances, waste disposal, pest control, office equipment, and signage for the facility.
- Acts as building liaison with all property managers (i.e. parking, building security, leases, equipment, etc.)
- Manages contracts of supplies and materials for facilities, such as cleaning, office and kitchen, appliances, medical gas, first aid, furniture, safety equipment, and diesel fuel.
- Researches new products, materials, equipment, supplies, regulations, etc. for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining efficient services.
- Orders supplies and equipment and approves invoices for facility and office supply functions.
- Serves as the Organization’s Safety Officer to assure compliance with all OSHA requirements. Works closely with Clinical and Laboratory Operations to support OSHA and safety related requirements for onsite laboratory and offsite surgical suite.
- Reviews and updates all safety policies, procedures and training for the Network.
- Assesses organizational compliance with all facets of regulatory standards through coordinating the audit schedule for all departments. Identifies opportunities for improvement based on assessed findings. Shares audit results with appropriate department heads and Safety Committee.
- Develops policies, plans and procedures to minimize risk to the public and employees.
- Maintains site safety procedures, training outlines and employee instructions for work deemed to have recognized hazards. Follows-up on safety suggestions to ensure final outcomes.
- Hosts Fire Inspector during annual fire inspections. Follows-up on all issues identified during fire inspection and ensures corrections are made in the specified timeframe. Acts as a liaison between fire officials and the organization and ensures that requested documentation is posted/provided as necessary.
- Formulates procedures for use in event of accidents, fires, and other emergencies.
- Inspects facilities, observing operations and activities, investigating health and safety complaints/incidents and ensuring compliance with OSHA, EPA and ADA regulations.
- Observes work in progress to ensure that proper safety equipment is worn and procedures are followed. Conducts ergonomic assessments and provides recommendations to reduce ergonomic risk as needed. Makes recommendations for corrections and follows up to ensure that violations have been corrected.
- Attends various meetings for the purpose of addressing liability concerns and operational effectiveness, providing and/or receiving information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in Safety and Health, Engineering, Science, or a related field.
- 5 to 6 years of facilities and safety management experience required.
HOW TO APPLY
- To submit an application please click here.
New Jersey Organ and Tissue Sharing Network (NJ Sharing Network) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age. sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability or any other class protected by Federal, State or Local laws.