The Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist provides support in coordinating HSE site activities in compliance with Hovione, State, Federal and Local requirements. This role reports into the Head Health, Safety and Environmental Officer and maintains coordination of essential environmental activities throughout the New Jersey, East Windsor site.
You will be responsible for
- Oversee all Environmental, Health and Safety Programs- OSHA regulations, Site OSHA VPP-Star requirements, Air, Water and Waste regulatory compliance.
- Work with operations to achieve objectives in alignment with site business goals and values
- Maintain coordination of essential day-to-day HSE & Sustainability activities.
- Develop, foster, and maintain HSE standards and goals through Hovione and/or project HSE programs, to heighten awareness and promote a safe and productive work environment;
- Participates and is a promoter in the implementation of Process Risk Assessment/HSE policies and practices – be the catalyst for activity and commitment to HSE management.
- Manage Site’s air permit requirements and recordkeeping
- Coordinate data gathering for new equipment air permits as well as air permit modifications including but not limited to equipment inventory and equipment specifications.
- Provide quarterly and annual reports/ data collection regarding air emissions
- Track and prepare quarterly and annual Batch Emission reporting
- Perform environmental review to ensure new chemicals are allowed under the current air permit conditions
- Administer Site’s Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC), DPCC plan, SIU Permit and other applicable environmental regulatory requirements
- Track & File Site’s hazardous waste manifests and manage RCRA Reporting
- Provide monthly and quarterly SIU Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMR/SMR)
- Support Corporate and Site Sustainability activities
- Provide back up support for HSE Officer & Safety Coordinator
- Work with minimum supervision and exercise independent judgment in the daily performance of his/her duties.
- Manage OSHA Programs which includes. HAZOP, PHA, IH Study, Process Safety, Chemical Risk Assessments
We are looking to recruit
- BS degree in Engineering, or Environmental Science
- Knowledge of EPA, NJDEP regulations
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong Communication skills; Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of projects
- Adapt quickly to business priorities
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.