Millers Launch Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to fill a full-time position as an Environmental Health and Safety Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and documentation of wide spread safety, health and environmental policies for the company. This individual will be responsible for the company’s compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to safety, health and environment.
- Maintains an awareness of the environment and the potential for hazards and ensures company- wide compliance.
- Assumes a leadership role in supporting and participating in continuous improvement activities for the company.
- Manages the accident/incident investigation and corrective action process.
- Documents training as required under CFR 1910.120 and assuring compliance with governmental agencies and company safety policies and procedures.
- Provides training and leadership for all functional managers, supervisors and team members regarding rules, regulations and safe work practices mandated by any and all local, state and federal agencies.
- Participates in the review of existing and planned purchase of all equipment used on company property to insure adequate safe guards are incorporated, along with assurance that the company remains in compliance with OSHA and other regulating agencies.
- Performs other duties as requested by the company manager.
- Minimum qualifications are a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university with major in Environmental, Health and Safety with five (5) years of experience preferred . Candidate must possess a Transportation Worker Identification Card and a valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one.
- CET/CSP a plus.
- Good working knowledge of EPA, OSHA, NYS DEC and USCG regulations training experience.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirement safety issues, precautions and potential hazards in the marine industry.
- Potential candidate will possess excellent people skills to include above average communication skills, both written and verbal. Candidate must also possess an outgoing personality, eager to interact with all levels within the company.
- Excellent computer skills using E-mails, Internet, Access, Word, and Excel.
- We offer competitive Benefits and 401k packages.
- Millers Launch is an equal opportunity employer.