Client is recruiting for a Corporate Manager of Environmental, Health and Safety in Fairfield, NJ. This is a full-time position as an employee of our client and relocation assistance possible within the US.
Reporting to the company President and CEO, the incumbent will be responsible for the development, management and overall direction and oversight of EHS strategy, programs, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the facility.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Professional Certification (ASP, CSP, CHST, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- 10 or more years of EHS management experience for a mobile workforce, preferably in construction or facilities maintenance environments
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive multimedia Environmental processes and programs including, but not limited to, CAA and CWA
- Demonstrated success in developing and utilizing leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency in the workplace
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with corporate and field operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Design, develop, align and implement corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead, develop and manage EHS staff members
- Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.