E.E. Cruz & Co., Inc. is a leader in the civil construction industry and has an immediate need for a Safety Manager with strong large civil construction experience to provide and will be responsible for inspection, evaluation, training, and technical support for onsite construction team to ensure compliance with Health and Safety program and agency regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identifies, documents, and resolves onsite safety risks or discrepancies during daily site walks. Documents Daily Hazard Analysis (DHA) using Company prescribed procedures and software.
- Advises management on proper interpretation and implementation of safety regulations.
- Evaluates and identifies all safety equipment needs for project work. Participates in daily and weekly meetings to ensure all necessary equipment is ordered, stocked and available for upcoming work.
- Assists in investigations and reporting regarding accidents, injuries or illnesses, fire, property damage and other safety related incidents to ensure timely and compliant resolutions. Recommends improvements based on performed trend analysis.
- Develops and distributes worksite safety and evacuation plan to all onsite personnel. Supports emergency response coordination and access planning with manager, as needed.
- Works closely with onsite work crews to provide first aid and emergency services to any onsite injury or incident. Ensures worksite injuries are accurately documented and offsite medical
clinics attend to employee injury in an accurate and timely manner.
- Supports evaluation of subcontractors and subcontractor safety programs. Notifies management of any non-compliant safety procedures and participates in corrective action discussions to resolve in a timely manner.
- Presents toolbox talk content to project site staff within the prescribed frequency, as determined by manager.
- Presents the progress of the project safety program to leadership, as directed.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Large civil construction experience strongly desired
- 5+ years construction or safety experience required.
- Experience with a broad variety of construction methods and build types required.
Certifications and/or Licensing Requirements
- OSHA 30 Hour – current
- CHST designation – current and preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven skill to identify onsite project safety risks and recommend mitigation within safety and project program requirements.
- Able to take on special tasks or projects with limited to no direction and oversight required.
- Strong multitasking and organization skills required.
- Proven knowledge of construction site equipment, methods and processes
- Developed verbal, written and presentation skills with all levels of the organization.
- Developed and proven knowledge to control or eliminate hazards following prescribed methods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to stand and walk.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an E.E. Cruz employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP.
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
E.E. Cruz is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.