The Global Safety & Environment Intern – Environmental Compliance and Technical Services – will provide environmental compliance and technical support to Company facilities globally related to environmental compliance programs (air, water, waste, dangerous goods transportation).
Projects may include
- Assisting with environmental compliance program implementation and improvements.
- Assisting with calculations associated with environmental compliance program implementation.
- Supporting environmental activities at Company sites.
- Reviewing new or revised environmental regulations and assessing impact to company sites.
- Supporting the development of innovative tools for environmental program improvement.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors/ Master’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology or another technical program.
- Completed at least 2 years of College course work
- Able to work full time for a period of 9-12 weeks
- Critical thinking, communication, problem-solving and computer skills
- Ability to receive verbal or written direction and implement corresponding changes
- Ability to think critically about process inefficiencies and propose solutions
- Prior internship or work experience in the Environmental, Health, and Safety field or in chemical manufacturing.
- Ability to convey ideas and explain decisions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work in a small team