Sordoni Construction is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Safety Manager.
- Report directly to the Corporate Safety Director.
- Conduct safety pre-construction meetings with awarded subcontractors, daily safety orientations with subcontractor employees, and weekly project safety meetings with Sordoni staff and subcontractors.
- Visit project sites and prepare reports to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Continuous monitoring of the physical job site from a safety standpoint (workers and the general public) to help ensure that operations are being completed safely and in accordance with OSHA, the Sordoni Safety & Health Management Program, the client’s Safety Program, and Federal, State, and Local regulations. Implement corrective actions to be in compliance with above safety programs and regulations.
- Assist with the implementation of various safe work permits.
- Maintain material Safety Data Sheets and weekly safety toolbox talks from subcontractors.
- Conduct incident investigation reports and work with the subcontractors to implement the site specific plan for managed care and the return to work program.
- Educate and train staff on safety and health related issues. Keep staff updated on changes or revisions to the safety program and regulations.
- Work with staff, subcontractors, and Ownership in a team effort to ensure compliance with safety programs and regulations and to achieve safety goals.
- Develop and implement a site specific safety incentive program.
- Always perform work in a proactive manner to ensure the success of the project.
- Cultivate safety as a core value toward achieving an Injury Free Environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in mid and high rise building construction and fall protection controls.
- 5 or more years of construction related safety and health experience.
- Certified OSHA 30 hour construction safety training.
- Strong and extensive understanding of construction processes, procedures, and methodologies.
- Proof of training/competency in managing fall protection, crane, excavation, scaffolding, and heavy equipment safety.
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to lead safety orientation and general meetings.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites throughout NJ, PA, NY, CT, & MD and must have own means of reliable transportation.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) – preferred but not required.
- Strong computer/technical skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications. Google applications a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Construction Management, Engineering, related field, or extensive field experience.
Sordoni Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Frank A. Bostjancic, Jr.
Corporate Safety Director
Sordoni Construction Co.