Reporting to the EHS Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to align Environmental, Health, and Safety processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner. The incumbent will implement and oversee all assigned EHS programs.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- One (1) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Industrial Hygiene related sampling for air, noise etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted EHS program auditing procedures
- Demonstrated success executing compliance programs regarding Federal, State and local Safety regulations
- Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward
Additional Preferred Competencies
- Three (3) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing facilities
- Professional Certification (GSP, ASP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local H&S regulations
- Aligns corporate and local H&S goals and strategies
- Participate in/lead H&S audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local H&S regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding H&S behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets and experiences are needed.