The incumbent will be responsible to establish the vision of what safety means to the workforce and drive that vision throughout the company. They will be responsible for the development and management of proactive safety programs and procedures and the overall direction and oversight of EHS programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the organization.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- 10 years of EHS experience supervisory experience in construction, civil engineering, utility or telecommunications or mining field work
- Five (5) or more years of corporate level EHS management experience
- Demonstrated success in developing and utilizing leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower in a Behavior Based Safety environment
- Demonstrated success managing large DOT regulated fleet
- Demonstrated experience management Workers’ Comp programs
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies
- Professional Safety Certification (CIH, CSP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with leadership at all levels of the organization to establish a vision and strategy for a proactive safety culture
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead, develop and manage EHS staff members
- Design EHS audits and inspections to drive a true culture of safety
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead the development of employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.