Goya Foods, Inc.
Plans and manages the general health, safety, and loss control policies and procedures of the organization. Monitors and evaluates the workplace to ensure compliance with governmental regulatory agencies (OSHA). Designs and directs safety training programs to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards. Develops worker plans and policies for new employee safety orientation including skill training, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, hazardous material disposal procedures, and the protective equipment. Studies, identifies, and reports causes of accidents and develops recommendations for follow-up to prevent accident recurrence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides subject matter expertise through education, training, and/or experience in multiple areas including compliance, occupational safety, risk management, and/or occupational health.
- Ensure OSHA compliance within a Goya Foods Facilities including but not limited to: 30 Hour General OSHA training. All necessary record keeping and reporting including OSHA 300 Logs.
- Responsible for coordinating and logging safety training requirements throughout all Goya Foods locations. Assist as the management staff during accident or injury investigations and root cause analysis.
- Act as the management team’s subject matter expert for safety and security questions.
- Ensure visibility of HSE (Health, Safety, Environment) initiative at the site level (Safety Behavior, Safety Observations, Near Misses, etc.) to all levels of operations management.
- Assist with all OSHA inspections, visits or investigations including record keeping.
- Ensure contractors and visitors follow Goya Foods’, safety policies during their time on-site. Promote continuous safety improvement and constant drive towards incident free operations.
- Complete regular site visits to the various work locations to ensure safety compliance and prepare a report detailing findings, hazards, and/or violations discovered during the visit.
- Develop safety plans and programs specific to job tasks. Recommend solutions to wide variety and range of safety issues to minimize and eliminate hazards.
- Support and develop colleagues at all levels in the business to perform their work in a safe, healthy, and responsible way. Assist with the site emergency action plan and liaison with local first responders when needed.
- Promote safer forklift operations through training, observation, and coaching.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required. Requires strong concentration skills. Requires multi-tasking. Is high stress.
- Requires heavy personal interaction with co-workers or customers. Requires ability to be prompt and work when customers are present.
- Requires the employee to be present at the workplace.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Identifies external threats and opportunities.
- Judgement- Displays willingness to make decisions; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives. Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary, to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Database software; Design software; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Manufacturing software and Project Management software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Expertise in OSHA compliance, especially with powered industrial trucks, lockout/tagout, strain and sprain prevention, and equipment automation.
Superior communication and presentation skills with ability to influence across all levels of an organization Preferred Safety Certification: CSP, ASP, OHST, etc.
Must be able to travel upon necessity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Send resume to email@example.com.