Reporting to the US Safety Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to align Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene and Workplace Safety processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner. The incumbent will establish, implement and oversee all EHS programs.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline plus Five (5) or more years of Safety experience in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring exposures to noise, airborne particles and other IH exposures
- Demonstrated knowledge in development of Job Safety and Job Hazard analysis (JHA and JSA)
- Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated success leading accident / incident investigations
Additional Preferred Competencies
- Five years of Safety experience in a manufacturing setting
- Professional Certification (GSP, ASP, CSP, CIH, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local regulations
- Aligns corporate and local Safety goals and strategies
- Perform / oversee various IH sampling for air, noise and other exposures
- Lead Safety audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding Safety policies and programs
- Lead employee training programs regarding Safe Working behaviors and compliance
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local Safety regulations
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.