Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a EHS Specialist to join our Pharmachem LLC., business at our Paterson, NJ Facility with support to Totowa NJ and Chatham, NJ Facilities. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the EH&S function. This position will report to the Life Sciences EH&S Program Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acts as the main point of contact for three facilities regarding all EHS functions.
- Identifies areas needed for development. Recommends training programs and procedures to support strategic compliance plans. Carries out implementation of training programs and plans.
- Expected to have ready answers to technical questions. Establish a skill area. Applies technical knowledge to negotiate regulatory compliance.
- Good overall knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations and interpretations.
- Manage Responsible Care activities related to environmental, health and safety related standards.
- Manage Operational Risk and Emergency Response.
- Lead the efforts within the group of facilities that you have responsibility for to reduce the overall risk at each facility
- Manage environmental compliance efforts for waste, wastewater, and air emissions
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical field.
- Candidates must have 5-8 years relevant Environmental,Safety and Health Experience in the chemical industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly motivated, goal oriented strong team player.
- Experience creating and administrating environmental, health and safety programs
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Experience managing multiple programs and processes.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- CSP Designation is a plus but not required
- Bi-lingual a plus