We are a boutique, family-owned safety consulting firm seeking a skilled Forensic Safety Engineer or an experienced safety professional. WMSC is one of very few certified safety professional consulting firms in New York State. Our years of experience in the safety field combined with our vast knowledge of industry-specific codes, standards, and regulations distinguishes our services and earned William Marletta Safety Consultants a superior reputation. We value the greater community that we serve and consistently excel to the highest standards of excellence in the industry. We believe in working with honesty, integrity, and building long lasting relationships with clients. William Marletta Safety Consultants is, and has always been, a family-owned and family-operated business. Our success is a reflection of our expertise, strong client relationships and dedicated employees.
Forensic Safety Engineer
The Forensic Safety Engineer we are looking for will be a Certified Safety Professional or a Licensed Professional Engineer, forensic experience preferred. The candidate will be responsible for conducting field inspections for accident investigation purposes, providing written reports and completing forensic investigations involving construction or design defect claims. Onsite inspections performed by the candidate typically consists of floor surface testing through various surface roughness and surface slipperiness measurement devices, as well as premises measurement with standard measurement tools, light testing, contrast testing, etc. The Forensic Safety Engineer will be responsible for providing detailed investigative reports and findings to senior management and clients, primarily law firms and insurance companies. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Effective management of all assigned tasks; meeting budget and delivery time frames; ensuring client satisfaction is of paramount importance.
- Ensure that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism including the management of deadlines and client expectations with high-level technical writing skills.
- Developing technical specialization and expertise that benefits the company and broadens our service offerings.
- Desire to engage in professional development activities, continuing education, and advancement of credentials. Individuals should have independent initiatives as well as company–sponsored development goals. Examples may include participation in ASTM, ANSI and other standards development organizations.
- Participating in business development opportunities, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients in the region, as well as any other potential opportunities to further develop client contacts.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) with a minimum of ten years of relevant industry experience. Will consider candidates who have not achieved CSP or PE yet, but are eligible to be licensed/certified in the next 12-18 months.
- Forensic investigation experience preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Advanced degree preferred by not required.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers and clients.
- Strong knowledge of the residential (IRC), commercial (IBC) and existing (IEBC) I-codes for NYS and NYC as well as ANSI, ASTM, NFPA, OSHA, and other industry-specific codes and standards preferred.
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, maintaining client responsibilities
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required
- Proven managerial and presentation skills.
WMSC is willing to train a candidate with the ideal managerial, leadership, and presentation skills on the technical knowledge needed for the execution of core job responsibilities.
This is a remote position, but it is recommended the consultant resides in the NY Metro area as the client base mainly operates out of the NY Metro/Long Island area.
Please provide a cover letter. Your application will not be considered without a cover letter and a completed skills assessment.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments about the position, or apply directly at https://www.indeed.com/job/forensic-safety-engineer-e04a23aac88e73f5.